Remove your bandage after at least one hour. DO NOT re-bandage your tattoo.
- Gently wash your tattoo with warm soapy water 3 times per day. We recommend Dial soap***. Please use your hands to wash your tattoo. DO NOT use a washcloth, loofah, or sponge. Pat dry your tattoo using a tattoo. DO NOT rub your tattoo dry with a towel.
- After drying, apply ointment to your tattoo. We recommend Tattoo Goo or Vitamin A&D ointment.
- Tattoo Goo: Apply a thin layer 3 to 4 times a day for 7 to 10 days or until the skin returns to normal.
- Vitamin A&D ointment: Apply a very thin layer 3 times a day for the next 3 days (VERY thin. You do not want your tattoo to appear shiny or greasy). After the third day switch to a fragrance and dye free lotion. Apply lotion as often as possible. We recommend Curel or Lubriderm.***
- DO NOT SCRATCH, RUB, or PICK AT ANY SCABS. Doing so can remove some of the pigment leading to your tattoo missing spots. You don’t want that to happen and neither do we!
- DO NOT SOAK YOUR TATTOO EXCESSIVELY (this means swimming and taking baths). Getting your tattoo wet in the shower is fine but avoid submerging your tattoo under water for at least 2 weeks.
- After your tattoo is healed, use a sunblock containing SPF-30 or higher when your tattoo is exposed to the sun for long periods of time. This will help prevent your tattoo from fading.
***We care about the quality of the products we use, as well as the quality of your tattoo. We suggest these products but please check the ingredients for any allergen you may be susceptible to.