- Remove bandage after at least one hour. DO NOT re-bandage.
- Gently wash with warm soapy water 3 times per day. We suggest Dial. Please use your hands and DO NOT use a wash cloth or loofah. Pat dry. DO NOT rub with a towel.
- After drying, apply ointment to your tattoos. We recommend Tattoo Goo or Vitamin A&D ointment.
- Tattoo Goo: Apply a thin layer 3 to 4 times a day for 7 to 10 days or until the skin returns to normal.
- Vitamin A&D ointment: Apply in very thin layers (VERY thin. You do not want your tattoo to appear shiny or greasy) 3 times a day for the next 3 days. After the third day switch to a fragrance and dye free lotion. Apply lotion as often as possible. We recommend Curel or Lubriderm.*
*We care about the quality of the products we use, as well as the quality of your tattoo. We suggest these products but please check the ingredients for any allergen you may be susceptible to.
- DO NOT SCRATCH, RUB or PICK AT ANY SCABS. Doing so can remove some of the pigment leading to your tattoo missing spots of color. You don’t want that to happen and neither do we.
- DO NOT SOAK YOUR TATTOO EXCESSIVELY (this means swimming and taking baths). Getting your tattoo wet in the shower is fine but avoid submerging your tattoo under water for 2 weeks.
- After your tattoo is healed, use sunblock with SPF-30 or higher when your tattoo is exposed to the sun for long periods of time. This will help prevent your tattoo from fading.